Thursday, October 23, 2008

One Among Them

I am an Indian. One of those youths, who dreams of becoming a bigshot some day, who wants to gain power to control at least a few people some day. 'Power', yes, that's the word. Over the years I've become more 'I' oriented. I think about myself almost all the time. How can 'I' gain power? How can 'I' use my power? How can 'I' be on the safer side of things which happen around me? I can't help it if insane, devilish ideas creep up into my mind and force me to do things which are ethically wrong. Who cares about ethics? Who cares about moral values anymore? I need to get my daily bread first. I don't care if I have to slaughter somebody.

Almost daily I read news of people dying. Dying in some bomb explosion. Dying in some terrorist attack. Dying due to lack of medical help. Dying at the hands of 'Social activists' or 'Reformists'. I am responsible for every death that happens around me. I can easily be misguided because I am very gullible. Just a few bucks can make me do anything. I have no religious intentions. I've been told and brainwashed by people to do whatever I do. I become a terrorist in the name of 'Jehad' and I kill people. I become a member of any socially active party and I beat people up to the point that they die. I become a doctor in a government hospital and I am more bothered about people visiting me at my private clinic. I become a Police Officer and I love getting corrupt. Well, corruption ain't that big a deal, is it? I mean c'mon, don't you remember how our mothers used to make us promises like "Do your homework and I'll give you a chocolate"? We are corrupt since childhood. We can't change that, can we? I am an Indian, corruption is my birthright. I am least bothered about how much people suffer because of me. Besides I don't have the guts to stand up and speak out against anything that's wrong around me. If I need to pay to get my personal work done, I am very sure I would not mind doing that.

I cannot stand against people because I don't have power (if I get power I'll obviously do the aforementioned things). I am weak. I don't have opportunities to develope my dreams into reality, in fact I am not even allowed to dream. I look out for a job almost all day long. The soles of my shoes wear out and I finally either commit suicide or look for that alternate way on which many of my category go. I cannot use any of my basic rights. Every time I try to use them I am suppressed. I am not worth more than a street dog who's mastered by the people with power. I am allowed to eat, sleep and clothe only when they wish to. They have the power to put a leash around my neck and limit my area. The runway provided to me is so small that my flight cannot take off. There will be just one result if I try to cross the barrier: I'll crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment